Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Buckskin Gulch Paria Hike

I wish I could say I went on this hike, but nope Randy did. His plan was to hike early morning friday 13 miles through this slot canyon and then camp overnight and hike 7 miles by the Paria River out. At the mid-point in the hike about 10 miles they decided they weren't going to make it to camp so they hiked out early. They hiked through the water alot and it was really cold. By the time they started to dry a little back in the water again. I told Randy I needed to go on the hike just to get all the cool pictures. They took alot in the beginning of the hike when everyone was happy and having fun, but later when they were going through the water and getting miserable the camera stayed in the pack. They missed out on all the cool shots.

Everyone minus Chantelle in the beginning of the hike. Justin Bice, Jake Browning, Allen Bice, Randy.


Sorry...just turn your head.

Randy's shoes gave him some pretty bad blisters. Do you like the purple leggings? Randy said he was pretty warm compared to everyone else. He hiked in running gear that keeps you warmer.

I told Randy I would go on the hike if it was a day hike so you could go faster and not have to carry the big packs. Also I want to wait a month or so to make sure the water is lower and a little warmer. So he decided we are doing the hike again on May 29th. Anyone else want to go????
Other hikes coming up....I am hiking "The Wave" hike with Kay on May 12th. I want to hike the Kannaraville slot canyon hike on June 12 with Randy and anyone else we can get to go on it.

1 comment:

The Perkins said...

Wish i lived closer so I could go on that hike with you guys it looks amazing!