Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coupons Again


It has been a while since I had a post like this. I actually took a little break from coupons for a while. Mostly because I had stocked up so much on things and also because the sales just haven't been that great to drive to St. George for a couple of things at a great price. This morning while shopping at walmart I passed a lady coupon shopping. I asked her a question about life cereal and she started giving me coupons and telling me to price match the quaker oatmeal. I told her I had coupons at home, but she said she had more than enough. I always thought of price matching at walmart as a pain in the butt. I got some and it wasn't that bad. Walmart is actually very nice about it. So I went home and clipped coupons and went back.


In the picture is my second shopping trip with price matching & coupons. Total value$116.45, total spent $37.86, total saved $78.59. Not too shabby! Also, recently I have been signing up for alot of the freebies & samples again. So in the picture all of the quaker oatmeal $1 price matched from the Smith's ad. The Sunchips, benedryl, mascara were all freebies. The stayfree pads $0.49 each (price matched Albertsons ad for $2.49 and had $2/1 coupons) The pantene I price matched to $3.29 then had coupons $3/2 (total for each $1.79) This isn't the best price for these in the past I have paid .19 each, but I needed them. The snuggle softener was $3.97 and I had $3/1 coupons I clipped. 50 loads of he snuggle for $0.97! The rest of the items were things I needed and clipped coupons, but were not that WOW price. In the end I got 37 items for about a $1 each. I think this is my motivation to start doing coupons again. Although, I think I will stick to price matching @ walmart and using coupons. Much easier!

No comments: