Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Wave Hike

We went on The Wave hike today. It was awesome, perfect, inspiring! I soooo want to do it again sometime. It was really hard for Kay to get the permit for this hike. After putting 4 peoples names in the lottery for 3 different days we got one day in February. On that day there was a foot of snow on the ground and the hike was closed. They gave us a raincheck lottery and we were able to go today May 12th. We left around 8:30am. Stopped in Kanab for a delicious breakfast. Then drove to the trailhead and started our hike. We hiked in 2.6 miles, walked around alot taking pictures then hiked out 3.7 miles. Yep a little longer detour to see some dinosaur tracks and we got off the trail a mile or so. It is easy to get lost there.
I hiked with Kay, Dr. Last & son Alex, & his friend Jeff, Dr. Warwood, & Denise.
Kay & I


This is one of my favorite photos above. I took 120 so I really had to search for a few to put on here.




If you are on facebook head over there, I added a bunch more pictures.

No comments: