Friday, December 4, 2009

The only pictures from Thanksgiving

We had a super fun time this Thanksgiving. Both Randy and I had family down visiting. I thought there would be a lot more of "Whose family are we going to hang out with??? dilemas" but it wasn't that bad. On Wednesday our kids had a half days school and Uncle Aron & Aunt Janna were here so we took the kids on a hike in Zion. For this hike I got pictures. After that my camera battery died and do you think I could remember to charge it anytime over the next 5 days? Nope!
Grandma Reeve& Grandkids
I love Zion and will spare you the million scenic pictures, but you have to have at least one :)
Courtney found her walking stick. A little back braking work to get it to the ground, but she liked it.
Justin at the end of the hike. He actually did carry his bottle the whole time. I should have got a picture of Grandma Reeve and her pouch of a jacket filled with water bottles. I thought it would have been good for all the kids to have their own so no spit sharing, but they all ended up in Grandma's "Kangaroo pouch" of a jacket. It was funny looking.
All the kids loved to climb any rock they could find.
It is a good thing we didn't have Uncle Matt with us on this hike. Justin & I went with Uncle Matt's family & Uncle Jon's family on this same River walk and Matt did his best getting everyone to go as fast as possible. Get there and get back. Someone has a small bladder and was rushing beautiful Zion because of it. So funny.

We were able to eat outside at my mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner. The weather was perfect and I got a little too warm. Nice huh? It was all very delicious. We got all our favorites except a cheese ball & 7-layer dip. I guess if you want ALL your favorites you need to pitch in more, huh?

My family left after the weekend & we spent the rest of the week with Randy's sister Janna's family. Her husband Aron put in wood floor in Kay's house and it turned out beautiful. I should get a picture of it. Over all I think I had to cook at my house once, ran the dishwasher once (maybe twice) and had so much fun hiking, playing monopoly card game (not board), & watching the cousins play all week. It was GREAT!


No comments: