I went on the Kannaraville hike again tonight. Randy's mom Kay went with me this time. I was thinking of bringing the kids, but I am glad now that I didn't. When we got to the ladder this time we decided to climb it and see what was ahead. We kept going climbing a few boulders and saw some other hikers. The said to keep going to the second set of waterfalls and another ladder and then we get to another slot canyon. So of course we had to keep going now. He said it was really worth it to keep going. And it didn't dissapoint. I was a little nervous on both ladders and knowing I was going to have to climb back down them didn't help things. We also got soaked.
Here I am. This place is so beautiful.
Here is the second ladder. Much shorter than the first one, not as rickety, but you have to climb the rope at the top. I made Kay go first until she got to the top and then I had to go. I'm a big chicken. This is also where you get the wettest.
This is the point where we turned around. It was getting dark and we had just come out of that slot canyon behind us.
So Pretty.
Then at the end we are hiking out and I didn't bring a flashlight, but there was still a little light left to see that we didn't trip on any huge boulders or fall off the cliff. As we are going along on the dirt path I'm staring pretty hard at the ground and see a dark thing coming in my path. At first I thought it was a rock, but then realized it was moving towards me as I was about to step on IT. YIKES. I jumped out of the way and checked that my heart was still in the right place inside my chest.
This little tarantula was just going for a nightly stroll. Kay thought he looked nice enough to take home. And I told her it was time to get out the flashlights and head for home.
1 comment:
I am so in, when we come to visit. That looks awesome!
Tricia
Post a Comment