Thursday, October 8, 2009

Soccer

Soccer started last week. We signed Ashley & Justin up 2 years ago for soccer and neither of them liked it very much. They just weren't aggressive enough to get to the ball and they didn't have very much fun. This year they both wanted to do soccer again. Surprised, but I still signed them up.
Ashley jumped right in and loves it. She is really good at getting to the ball and following it down to the goal. In our last game she made two of the eight goals. We won that game.

Justin likes to be the defender or the goalie. He is also really interested in the score. If we make a goal you can hear him yelling to his teammates...."What are we now? 4!!!" He has a hard time standing still while defending. You can almost always catch him jumping up and down or doing some stretching like he is below.
I love that my kids get involved in sports and have so much fun watching their games.

2 comments:

Donace said...

Soccer is one sport my kids love too! Jesus got talked into coaching Kaylee and C.J. this year. Our soccer season was very busy. Fun but glad ours ended 2 weeks ago.

Todd and Haylee said...

Justin reminds me of Kaiden. Kaiden could never hold still. He was always running or dancing around and a great defender. I agree with Donace, It was fun, but way too busy and I am glad that it is over. :)