Sunday, August 16, 2009

Reeve Reunion

Randy's family had a family reunion this last week. We missed the first day of the reunion because our school started on Thursday, but skipped school Friday and went up to the reunion. It was so much fun. I wish we could have stayed up there the whole time. We missed a few hikes, including cedar breaks which I love, and relay races. But while we were there our kids got to play with all their cousins, including some they don't see very often. We also hiked in the mammoth caves, had a treasure hunt, a talent show, movie night, Mormon Jeopardy game. Also, the cabin we stayed at had Foosball, ping pong, a hot tub, pool table, and enough kids brought Nintendo ds that they huddled in the corner and had mariokart races. I don't even know how many rooms or bathrooms this cabin had, but it was enough for our group of 40. I lost count of how many times I lost my kids, but still knew they were in the cabin somewhere. It was a wonderful weekend.

Also, in case you thought I was not getting any exercise I totally did. You wouldn't believe how many times I needed something on the other side of the cabin. All righty, down the stairs, across the basement, up the stairs, stop to catch my breath because we are at 10,000 feet elevation and now my heart is pounding, grab the item and go back. I also got to go for a run with Uncle Tracey & Aunt Janna one night. Then again with Aunt Beth, & Aunt Janna the next morning. I totally loved running in the woods at 7AM and seeing all the deer. It was quiet even with all my loud breathing. I would have felt horrible about my lack of shape except for everyone else I ran with was just as bad. It was also nice to have to wear a jacket in the summer time, even though I much prefer coming home to being warm again.

I had such a great time and I thought Paul & Beth did a great job planning the reunion. Courtney is still telling me we should buy that cabin so we could stay there forever.
Grandma Reeve does the best scavenger hunts. They all found these backpacks and then got puffy markers to decorate them. In the bags were bug jars to decorate and lots of other fun things. What a fun crazy craft. All the kids and one glue gun putting together the bug jars. Then outside to see who can find and catch bugs.
The younger kids had a follow the string hunt. It was cute to see them step over and around the strings to find their backpacks.
Randy and I were in charge of the 4-7 age group and had fun chasing them all over the cabin to find clues. I snapped pictures while Randy encouraged them to go faster to beat everyone else.
Here is a good picture of the cabin we stayed in.
All the kids in one shot. Paul & Beth got everyone these Reeve Family Renion shirts so we all matched.

No comments: