Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Courtney Talk


The other day a little boy I babysat spilled some milk on my newly washed table cloth. "Oh, Lovely!" I said. After cleaning it up Courtney asked me what Lovely meant. It means I am irritated about something. Not the right meaning, but I was still irritated about the mess. A couple hours later Courtney walks into the living and looks at all the toys on the floor and says, "Oh, Lovely look at all these toys!" Now I pay attention to how often the word lovely is used and think we should change it in the dictionary to...very irritated about something.

Today I take Courtney in her room and tell her we are going to clean it up. I started cleaning and Courtney asks, "Why do we have to clean our room?" I say, "Because." Courtney asks "Because their is too much crap in here?" I am laughing and trying to remember when I said that and answer, "Yep, because their is too much CRAP in here!"

2 comments:

The Cookies said...

At least you don't say BAD words. :O)

Jon Roberts said...

If you think that is bad I guess our kids are going to H...E....double toothpicks... jk... lol