Sometimes I feel guilty for not posting anything for so long. It doesn't make sense, but I do. So What's new with me?? Not a whole lot or I would have posted about it ;o)
A few things to share though. I started babysitting for a neighbor. That is going okay. It would go a whole lot better if I wasn't having to get up at 4:30AM. I don't fall asleep fast so it only takes me till about 5:30. Bo wakes up to start licking. I try not to think about what he is licking, just wishing it would stop. The rats choose this time to start running in the wheel, which is squeaking terribly. I get up, throw some carrots in there to distract them. It works for 5 minutes then the running starts again. I don't know how the girls sleep through it. Courtney wakes up just before 4:00 to go potty. Very happy she isn't peeing the bed, but frustrated at the lost sleep. SIGH. Get over it Heather, it's not like there aren't moms out there getting up every 2 hours to feed nursing babies. I don't have it that bad!!! This won't last forever, that's good news. I am also glad to be earning a little money. This is a good time since it is during Randy's slow time with HVAC.
My garden has tiny peas and beets sprouting up. Cute little babies. No pictures yet, but I will take some when I go over to water. I thought they wouldn't come up since after I planted it rained for almost 10 straight days.
I have noticed a big savings in our budget from doing the coupon shopping. I Love It! Our pantry is stocked with yummy things. Too yummy. I have been snacking on things I don't need to. Not sugary, don't worry, I am still doing good on that goal. Just a few weeks ago it was a great week and I spent about $40 and saved $230. I shop at Costco for fresh fruits and veggies and am set. Albertsons mailed me some coupons in the mail. $6 off your shopping total of $80. I have never and will never purchase a total of $80 at Albertsons. I tossed them. Our Enrichment is planning on doing a class to teach others in our ward. I have been talked into helping teach it. Actually I am excited about it. We have people interested in it because Randy talks to all his friends about how much money we are saving and how much food we are buying.
I have officially started my farmers tan. It was too hard to take a picture of my own arms to show you. Plus then I have to look at it and go, "ugh, my arms are fat...do I really want to show everyone that picture!" I need to pull out my bikini's and tan so I don't have a farmers tan this year. If you believe I have a bikini and let alone will walk out in public in one, ha ha ha, FUNNY.
The kids had their parent/teacher conferences and I have really smart kids. Both teachers said they are in the top of their classes. Justin is reading lots of books. He is farther than Ashley was at the same time of year. He knows his sight words, counting, math, grouping. Ashley is reading at a second grade level and loves math, reading, spelling. Courtney is a smart little girl also. I think about putting her in preschool, but she knows the alphabet, alphabet sounds, she can count to 30 and farther, she memorizes songs super fast. It is darn cute seeing her come home from church singing a new song. What will she learn at preschool???
Spring is here. The apricot trees are in blossom. I want to take the kids out this week to the church farm where there is hundreds of them. (I'll take a picture to share when we do). Then we can sing "I looked out the window....." How many of you just said in your head "...and what did I see!" Just checking.
For not having a lot of news I sure had a lot to say!
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
2 comments:
You're so funny! Thanks for a good laugh, I needed one. I hear you on the lack of sleep...I am a bear without my sleep. That is awesome you are saving so much money. I am no good at couponing and gave up. You are such a good mom to have such smart kids! I miss you guys! And as always jealous of your garden....we woke up to snow today again! :(
Peas and beets! Yay! Maybe you should take over that garden blog I started last year. My garden this year will be very wimpy, but I'll be one of those moms getting up every two hours...That's awesome that your church farm has apricots. Ours does peas, millions of peas, but I haven't been :)
Post a Comment