Saturday, January 31, 2009

What we have been up to...

Today after I spent some time shopping with the kids we came home and got the garden ready to plant some peas & beets. Randy roto-tilled and I dug the trenches for the water. I haven't done these early veggies before and am excited to make pickled beets, eat the beet tops (yum) and Randy really wanted the peas to add to salads. Hmmmmm....maybe I am winning the healthy fight. Getting the garden ready for planting, I am getting excited for all the veggies to come later. I hate the weeding, but I love the food I get from it. Don't worry I will add pictures later.
After that we went over to the corral and saddled up Patty so Ashley can ride her. Ashley is learning how Patty needs to be ridden. She also tries to ignore Ashley and head for home. Ashley got a little nervous today when Patty stopped and started shaking like she had an itch. Ashley was great and held on. Ashley really likes riding her and she is such a great horse. Now we just need to make sure she gets to ride her often this summer.
If you are wondering why we did so many things outside today, it is because our weather today was AWESOME! It was Sunny, around 65, and no wind. Awwwwwww!!!! I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and was way too hot. Yes, that is bragging for all of you that are living in the snow and crappy weather right now.

It was Bob's 25th birthday coming up so we had them over for dinner and Randy wanted "the cake." If you are wondering who Bob is, he is Candus's husband. If you are wondering who Candus is, she is our friend in our ward that is like a second mom to our kids. She entertains them in church, she is the best jungle gym ever, and my kids absolutely love her. I actually used her as a punishment and felt really bad about it. While Courtney was having a "I am not doing anything mom tells me to do day" I told her she couldn't sit by Candus at the Circus the other night if she didn't do something she was supposed to. Well, she didn't do it. Poor Candus was punished just as much as Courtney.
In case you didn't notice on the last picture, Yes we did put the candles in the knockers. I know, so inappropriate. I wish I could blame it on Randy, but I put them there and he lit them. There you go. We are bad people.
And last, here is a picture of pouting Courtney. She has been a trial for me lately. After having two really calm, shy kids, it is a challenge dealing with an aggressive, loves to pick fights, loves to say no to mom, loves to tease her older brother & sister kind of kid. This is her face after I told her no and she ran to her room (arms folded and the bottom lip out)! We are working on it. I know I can hear the, "She deserves a kid like this, after having two really easy ones," coming from you guys. I know, I probably do.

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Okay, I think you love to make me jealous! It is so not fair that you are already planting your garden and enjoying nice beautiful weather. You have Todd and me ready to move down there. So yes....I think it is about time you have a kid who is giving you a hard time! :)

Jon Roberts said...

Yeah yeah yeah... We will make sure to rub it in when we are still able to walk outside without melting the soles off of our shoes while walking on the surface of the sun... Enjoy it