Friday, January 23, 2009

Update

Did ya miss me? It seems like forever since I have posted something. I haven't been so busy, just being lazy and not wanting to sit at the computer for any length of time. So first I had my "Day of Sugar" on the 15th. I woke up that morning and first thing I broke out the orange chocolate. One of my favorite things during the holidays. Took a bite and was expecting bliss and got blah. How crazy. So I pulled out a candy cane kiss, ate it, and wasn't impressed. What is wrong with my taste buds???? Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten any breakfast yet? I ended up not eating alot of sugar all day because it tasted gross to me. After dinner I had my ice cream and was so dissapointed I think I might go for the no sugar thing for the rest of my life. It does make sense after going so long without sweets your taste buds will change a little. But this was sad for me because I was so looking forward to this one day. I am happy it should be easy for me to be healthier. Up to date I have lost 15 lbs. I even stopped working out again, but am still loosing weight. I got a cold a few weeks ago and coughing and sore throat, I just didn't feel like doing it. Then I got out of the habit. Maybe on Monday, I'll start again???

Ashley had her birthday on Wednesday. She got this cute poster paper from school. They traced her, then collored it, then they wrote all these nice things about her around it. I took some cupcakes to school that day. When dad got home we opened presents. She was really excited about the one from Aunt Tina. We got her a Hannah Montana CD and she loves it. She is going to be a rockstar when she grows up. We also got her a new bike that is bigger so she is nervous to ride it. She rides just fine but stopping is going to be a challenge. Now I just need to teach Courtney to ride and we can all go on a bike ride together. That is a dream I have had for a long time.


We decided to go bowling on Saturday. This was actually my least favorite. I thought the cowgirl day would have been fun. Ashley didn't. She was choosing between swimming and bowling and we decided together bowling because it was closer. Mom & Shirl are down visiting and looking at houses. I think we can talk them into going bowling with us.

Courtney loves to dress like a princess. Not the dress-up kind. Just any skirts, sunday dresses she has she likes to wear everyday. Sometimes she is dressed before I can get to her and she is wearing the same thing as yesterday. She is a stubborn little bugger and I would rather leave her than make her change. But everything eventually needs to be washed. This is where I caught her the other day, staring at the dryer. She was waiting for her favorite dress of the week to be done so she could wear it.

Bo (the dog) spends his mornings tormenting Courtney and Justin. If he bugs them enough they go get him a dog treat. By bugging, I mean following them everywhere, low barking and pawing, until they give in. Who do you think is the owner and who is the pet? Right now, Courtney is saying to Bo "Do you understand me, BO? Huh???" "Mom, Bo doesn't understand me, what is his problem?"
I am still loving the coupon shopping. I think I will delete that other blog. Taking a picture of my groceries every week is getting boring. I don't think many of you will be missing it. Shopping like this is so much fun and I love saving all the money and stocking up our house. It is such a good feeling. Plus, I get to try out new things I normally wouldn't have bought. I am going to stay away from boxed foods though. They are gross. I used to love hamburger helper when we first got married, now um very gross. I think making your own hamburger/chicken skillet meals taste oh, so much better.
Enjoy the rest of your day after spending this very long time catching up on my life. SEE YA!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Hey Heather! That is how I feel and cheat and eat wheat or dairy. It's not as good as I remember and then it makes me sick!!! So, I feel your pain!!!