Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I am doing today...

Peaches. Peaches. Peaches. Randy's Grandma gave me this box of peaches so I can dry them. We LOVE dried peaches, also fresh peach pie (if my ambition stays up I will probably make some today), peaches on cereal & pancakes, I love canning peaches also, but these are not canning peaches.
This is a big change for me from the last few days. Where could you find me??? Lying on the couch or in the tub or in bed (Anywhere that I could make my back more comfortable). On Saturday we totally cleaned up our yard, trash, weeds (we live in a desert, tumbleweeds is a better word), chain fencing we tore down. Afterward I felt great. Yeah! the yard looked great! So on the way to the dump I started feeling that familiar ache in my lower back. Happens all the time for me, I just have a weak sore back. Any work, long standing and I am complaining about it. Usually one nights rest will fix it for me. But it was Saturday and I had plans to super clean the house when I got home. So, I came home and cleaned the house for about 3 more hours. Sweeping, mopping, vacumming, scrubbing the bathroom, laundry... Oh boy was I dumb, even while cleaning my back was bothering me and so I sat for a few minutes then got up and cleaned some more.

The next morning, I couldn't even get out of bed. Slowly, I am inching my way up and as soon as I sat straight up and put pressure on my back I wanted to cry from the pain. I stayed home from church and did the Pretty Women movie, ate snacks, and took a nap thing. Alternating heat and cold packs. Monday I still couldn't move, but it was a little better. Yesterday was much better and today is even better. I still have a little pain, but not nearly as bad.
So back to the peaches, I am still standing up peeling peaches, because they are here and they have to be done. I also only did 5 trays (25 peaches) and I will do 5 more later. Unless I want the wrath of my mother to drive three hours down her to ground me I will take it easy on the work.
Through this whole experience it has motivated me to strengthen my stomach. I have heard if you have back pain you can do that to ease the pain on the back. I was also really bummed because last week I was on a roll working out. Everyday, I stayed in my pj's and after dropping Ashley off at school, I came home to work out. I am just hoping I don't loose my motivation completely and can start working out again next week. This week will be a rest week for the Not So Smart Heather.
The Best Part: Listening to Randy making up different jokes about how I had to stay home from church because I did some house work....har, har, har, so funny!

4 comments:

itscookingup said...

You better not do anymore, or I will be coming down, and I will throw the peaches away. I don't like them anyways.

Todd and Haylee said...

Those peaches look yummy! Sorry you have been so sore....nice to have a break though!

Laurel said...

Yum! Questions...How do you know if they are canning peaches? How thick do you slice them for drying? Is that a dehydrator? If this will take any amount of explanation, feel free to email me. I would like to know because I'm thinking of planting a peach tree. Thanks!

P Haggard said...

You are one crazy mormon mom! You should be more lazy like me-working, going to school, counseling appointments, and trying to start a writing career. You have way too much on your plate! Love you lots! You are the best mom!
Love
Tricia