Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our first visit from the Tooth Fairy.....

Ashley's tooth started getting loose 2 1/2 weeks ago. We all thought that thing was never going to fall out. She has been getting tips and suggestions from everyone she can ask on how to get it out. Last week at school a girl in her class lost a tooth and got a tooth necklace and tooth sticker. Since then it has been Ashley's wish to lose her tooth at school. Her wish came true today. At recess she felt and yep it was out. She got her cool necklace in the shape of a big tooth and a sticker. She was so excited jumping up and down when I picked her up from school today. So we are marking this momentous occasion with a post on the blog. I also think this is the only time in a few years that she is excited to go to bed.
I was wondering how many of those tooth fairies keep the teeth???? Is that gross?? How much does a tooth cost for all the different tooth fairies out there?? Do they get more expensive as the children get older?? Just curious!

4 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Kenna just lost her first two teeth a couple months ago and her tooth fairy gave her a dollar each. So, I don't know if we got a cheap fairy or not, but our fairy has a hard time remembering her fairy duties sometimes. lol.

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that the tooth fairy kept all the teeth our kids lost...not gross - just sentimental and soft hearted! I hear the going rate is $1 per tooth these days. The neclace sounds like a great idea. Love your news!

Jon Roberts said...

If I remember right I only got a quarter from the "quote" "unquote" tooth fairy. Maybe it's the cost of living or inflation, but our kids get 1$... and if the tooth fairies keep the teeth they need to hide them because from my experience kids do ask tough questions when they find their own teeth later on. Our kids found out that some times the tooth fairies will leave the teeth for the parent for safe keeping.

P Haggard said...

Our tooth fairy leaves a dollar and doesn't chnge as they get older. I knoow some of the kids at school get $5, but our tooth fairy isn't that rich. Some of the teeth were saved, but what to do with them??? Most were used in the tooth fairy palace