Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Parade

Yesterday was Pioneer day. We had a Parade and our Primary kids were on a float. We didn't ride horses this time.
The theme was The Past, Present, and Future of our Pioneers. So the kids could choose from dressing up like past pioneers, or like themselves now or what they want to be when they grow up.
There is Justin, he was dressed up like a future cowboy. His RedSox shirt gets worn almost everyday (as long as it is clean). I know Cowboys probably don't wear Red Sox shirts, but he got this one from Uncle Tracey and loves it. Pretty soon it won't fit any longer, I have no idea what we will do. (Probably belly shirt for a while) I am behind him holding Courtney. Ashley was dressed like a rock star. I let her pick out whatever she wanted to wear. We didn't get a good picture of her because she was on the other side of the wagon.
Here is our Pioneer. Her face is expressing probably what the pioneers felt like after their long journey pushing those wagons.
All three. Ashley's shirt is her rock star shirt because of the star on it. Shades finish out the outfit. I thought we should have found a guitar for her to hold. O well! They all loved riding on the float and being in the parade. They got to throw all the candy for the other kids watching the parade. I thought it was nice they still gave out more bags of candy for the our kids who rode in the parade afterwards.

1 comment:

Todd and Haylee said...

Courtney looks cute in her bonnet. Justin sound like Kaiden, he has a couple shirts (Spiderman and Lighting McQueen) that will be too worn out for his brothers to ever get to wear. :) That is good that they got candy too, they would have felt pretty jipped.