Okay, so when I haven't posted in a while I start to feel guilty. I don't know how often people check my blog, but I check other people every other day or so. My guilt is that for the last week all you get to see is my last Heartburn tip. Annoying that I am not putting anything else on. Anyway, my life is not that exciting so I don't have any pictures to post. Sorry, you just get to hear about my stories.
So I am going to tell you about my new goal. I am an addict, there I admit it. Seriously, you think I might be kidding but I am serious. I eat way more candy and sweets than my body should be taking in. Just an example for you, the other week at the grocery store my total was 47.XX and if you have 50.00 then you get a .15 off gas coupon. Well, okay I saw the candy bars were on sale 10/$2 so I grab 10 of them. I come home and everyone has one. Now there is 5 left. I put them in the cubbard for another day. In the next two days I do not share anymore candy and eat all 5 by myself. There now you all see what a horrible unsharing person I am. So the other day I saw another blog person starting a No Sugar Plunge. So I thought I need to do that. Even for one day. Baby steps here. All day I am torturing myself. Valentines is here, the kids have lots of it. I make it almost all day then I eat one small chocolate. I can't believe it! I can't go a whole day, what is wrong with me? So I try another day, I will do this! Well, the day is almost over, and we go out to eat! The kids get ice cream and soda! Nope, none for me. So Courtney is still little and eats her ice cream at a snails pace. I grab it and lick off the side to keep it from dripping all over. You might think I was not thinking of my no sugar goal and it was an accident, but I was! I could have made Randy clean it up, but I did it. I also drank soda, might as well confess all sins at once. I don't even like soda. It is like I am rebelling against myself for restricting myself against the sugar. So I make a new goal for myself every morning to restrict sugar, not everything, just candy, cookies, ice cream, soda, treats. I will still have syrup on my pancakes. Even healthy cereal has 3-6 grams of sugar. So another day, we will see if I make it for just one! I think if I could go up to a whole week, allowing two days with sweets that would be good!
I know you all thought I was a big health nut and now you are seeing a whole different story. Really I do try to eat healthier, but chocolate and candy is my weakness. I also know this is the reason my extra 10-15 pounds is not coming off! Carrots and whole wheat bread in the morning and sugar and chocolate at night doesn't really cut it!
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, you go girl. I know I couldn't do it. I have a friend that cut out the sugar from the candy isle for a year. She was not allowed to have anything from the candy isle. Then, I think after a year she added to it where she did not have candy isle sugar and no ice cream. Then, do that for another year. I still don't know if I could do that. I love my chocolate. Although, I have cut out sugary candy. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but the thought of a candy with sugar all over it or sweet tarts does not sound good at all. I'd rather have chocolate. Now, no chocolate for a year, that would be a huge challenge for me that I'm not ready to take on:)
A whole Year! I know I couldn't do that. I love any candy, sour, chocolate, minty. I don't care so much about cakes, pies, cookies as much as candy. I think a goal of 1-2 times a week allowing the candy/sweets would be a good goal to start with, for me at least.
Post a Comment