Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sinus Infection

So a few days ago I woke up with a major tooth ache. I thought I might have to make a dentist appointment. Throughout the day my cheek started hurting and nose running a little. Then I got a little fever. Mentioned my symptems to my mother-in-law and she said I probably have a sinus infection. Hmmm. I didn't think of that. Well, ran to the insta-care, saw the doctor and by that time my fever was higher and was feeling pretty darn crappy. This was Tuesday, so I called another Young Women leader to cancel going to YW that night. The doctor thought it was sinus infection but only if the symptoms got worse. WORSE! You got to be kidding me. Got my prescription and was told to wait a day to fill it. Yeah right! I knew it was bacterial from the way she described. Pain stayed on one side and progressively got worse. Yep! Also, I had taken my fill of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. What else do you take so you don't OD on pain killers? Doctor also gave me a pain prescription so I could sleep and not OD on other stuff. So the last 48 hours have gone by in a blur for me. I asked Randy to stay home yesterday, yep that bad. The pain in my teeth felt like I had 4 cavities filled without pain killers and my nerves were throbbing bad. Then my cheek felt like someone cold clocked me, (still does). Now today my left eye has a throbbing pain behind it and twitches whenever it feels like. Through all this and major headaches from the pressure and pain in my head. I was thinking someone bad may torture others with some of these painfull methods to abstract information from someone else! My goodness if I knew what they wanted I would have spilled the beans days ago. I have always thought of myself as taking pain pretty well. I took more medication in the last few days than after my kids were born. A few Ibuprofen and I was good to go. Never was I worried I was taking too much of something like this. Also, it makes your stomach really queasy to take so much so try not to do it.

Well, I guess if you read this far you had to hear all of my complaining. So Thanks for listening. I feel better now. Also, as a note the YW leader I called to cancel going brought soup and crackers for dinner last night. What wonderful people I know to do something nice like that. I couldn't have cooked if my life depended on it. How she knew that I will have to ask later, it was definitely a wonderful thing for her to do for me. Also, try getting me out of the tub to do anything like cook (I took about 20 baths in the last few days, the only thing that made me feel better. Also, very sad to know that at 6AM you can find me in the tub asleep. Amazing I didn't drown!) I need to take from her example and start being more charitable to others like that. I don't like others being nice to me like this, but when it is needed, it is a definite blessing.

I wouldn't have guessed sinus infection could cause this much pain, I guess I have never had one before. Give me child birth anyday, just keep the sinus infections away from me! I am a baby when it comes to pain in the teeth, cheek bone and eyes. I already feel tons better tonight, still on the pain killers, but at least they are working now instead of just barely touching the pain. My teeth are still sore, hopefully that goes away soon. I hate that pain most of all. Deathly afraid of dentists also, so considering I was going to make an appointment shows how bad a condition I was in. Sorry to blab so much about my well-being. Hopefully you get something out of my rambling other than thinking I am a baby.

No comments: