Saturday, January 26, 2008

EFY

I got to go to EFY (Especially For Youth) today with our Young Women group. Let me just say that it was very very good. I don't remember ever going to one of these as a youth and am very grateful to be able to go as a leader. We had 3 speakers, going an hour early to get good seats we sat for 4 hours on hard seats. My numb tush was worth the inspiring words I was able to hear. After the talks we went to the park where we had a healthy lunch. Hoagies, apples, oranges, bananas, juicy juice or water. Of course we also had chips and cookies and yes I passed the chips to grab a cookie. Shhh, don't tell my Diet Police, wait I don't have any. The sun shining on my back and the heat almost put me to sleep. Beautiful Day!!! I wish you all were here with us to enjoy this sunshine. We have about as many cloudy rainy days as Alaska has sunny ones. We are so lucky. Anyway, after the lunch we went to the temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. I also have not done this since I was a teenager. 3 girls, 17 boys with us. I reluctantly volunteered to do them also to add to the girls side. Actually I was giddy as a teenager, I think this is soooo much fun to do. Either that or watch Johnny Lingo while I waited for the other girls. hmmm, let me think. I was so glad to have these experiences today and just wanted to share with you my joys.

1 comment:

The Cookies said...

I am listening to the rain and thunder, knowing that tomorrow I am going to wake up to a massive storm. I would give just about anything to be able to sit in the grass and enjoy the day that you had. So you have to rub it in,"Joke". I am glad you had a good day. It sounds like a ton of fun.