Thursday, January 27, 2011

Toquerville Falls

Last weekend was super busy for me. We had Ashley's 9th birthday to plan on Friday. She wanted a slumber party and we invited 5 girls to spend the night. I had two exams to take on Saturday. I also had to prepare a lesson for Primary and prepare my talk to do in Sacrament. I was really really nervous about the talk.
During that whole weekend I had told Ashley we would drive somewhere so she could take pictures. She wanted to turn one in to the imagine contest they have at school. You can do anything art or craft and she wants to be a photographer. That is why she wanted a camera for Christmas. Anyway, long story to say that the weekend was over before we had a chance to go anywhere. So Randy planned to get the 4-wheelers and head up Toquerville to the falls after church. It turned out to be super fun and a GREAT way to end my crazy busy weekend.
After we got here Randy just keeps on driving across the top of the falls on the 4-wheeler. "Oh, no way was I going to do that!" My 4-wheeler was smaller and I did not want to get soaked or drive right over the falls. I am not that scared of heights, but I do constantly imagine all the worst possible scenarios. It was worth it to go across because this view above was the best. But I did make Randy come back across and get me :)
Justin being brave and walking along the side of the cliff by the waterfalls.

My Knight in 4-wheeler armour.

The pictures are out of order, but after the falls we drove to the top of the mountain where we got this spectacular view of Toquerville, Leeds, La Verkin, and probably some of Hurricane.


Randy with Courtney testing the water.

I Love these kind of pictures. Randy is such a good dad and definitely makes my kids lives adventurous.

The beer can in the photo makes it so much more precious.



This would be so much more beautiful in the spring with all the greenery. Maybe we'll have to make another trip sometime.

No comments: