Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Long Time No See

When I check other people's blogs or even check out pictures on facebook, I am always looking for a picture of the (blogger...facebooker) person. Yeah, I love seeing all the pictures of kids and isn't that why we put them on so grandparents, aunts, and friends can see our kids grow up. But sometimes I'll look for you, just a glimmer to see how you have changed since I last saw you. Anyway, I wondered today if anyone thought that about my blog...facebook. I don't always put pictures of myself because, come on, I hate pictures of myself and why would I subject everyone else to look at it too. But in a total self centered post, I am going to show you me. (And yes, I am a little more confident in showing my pictures because I lost a little weight recently.)
And while you check out my beautiful self I will tell you what we have been up to....
School still???? Yep, and that is all I ever talk about anymore. "How are you, Heather?" "Busy, Busy, Busy!!!" is usually what I tell everyone. I am either in school or doing homework. It shouldn't be taking up this much of my time. Really how do people work full time and go to school full time? This semester I am taking Biology, English 2010, Psychology, Biology lab (yes you get to add that one since it is 2 1/2 hours of my saturdays and is totally seperate from Biology), and a computer class. And can they schedule tests at different times of the week or even different weeks? Nope, usually I have 3 tests to take in 2 days. And in college you can't take them during class time, noooo you have to go in on any other spare time you have. So I am getting mostly B's (shocker from this bragger who got an A in math during the summer school).
Math is my good subject and I struggle with other subjects. I am getting an A in the easy computer class and Biology lab (love that teacher).

What are my kids up to? Not much. How sad is that? I forgot to sign them up for soccer and maybe forgot a little on purpose. What if I couldn't take them to a game and Randy was still working that night? We need to just work it out. But for sure we will do Machine Pitch Baseball and Spring Soccer. No matter what. They also have Zumba for kids on Fridays, I am thinking of letting them try. How fun is that? Ashley and Justin are both doing great in school. Ashley is my easy one. I take her for granted a little too much. I don't have to study spelling words or make her read or do other homework. She is so smart, she knows the words and loves to read and always does her homework on her own. Justin is a little more work for me. He struggles more with spelling (so we have to practice all week over cereal), but still loves to read (with me telling him to and setting the timer for 20 min), and he is great at math. We had a doctor's appt for them both a few weeks ago and they had an eye specialist check their eyes. Ashley has my perfect 20/20 eyesight, but Justin might have gotten Randy's. Right now we just are going to watch and see if he is struggling with is left eye. But glasses might be in the future.

And then we have Courtney. She is a character for sure. She is going to pre-school on Tues/Thur (my full day school schedule) and she gets Grandma Reeve to take her to school and pick her up and play for a few hours. And believe me she is considered very lucky for it. Ashley and Justin are jealous of all the time she gets with grandma. And we are so greatful to have grandma Kay and all that she is doing for us. I know Courtney isn't that hard to watch, but she could be doing so many other things than babysit for us so I could go to school. Courtney is definitely spoiled. All three of my kids are so easy going and for the most part get along. But if I were to say what is the hardest part with them, my answer is going to be Courtney. It has a lot to do with her personality and a whole lot more to do with being the youngest and getting what she wants. I have tried to be a lot more strict with her, but she is a little sneaky, lying, bully, and loves to torture Ashley. She also can be the cutest and very loving at other times. She is very smart and can't wait to go to the big school. She remember's names of other random people and can memorize songs really fast. She is starting to read the easy words in books too. Her favorite thing to do is make you pinky promise (yes take out your pinky and link it with hers and do a little shake thing) anything she wants you to do and if you don't do it in the next two minutes you are a liar. Really??


We decided along with the rest of the country that our house mortgage was more than we could keep up with. So we planned on selling it (still up for sale) and moving in with Grandma Kay while I went to school. During this process my sweet mother has helped us out in getting a new home to live in that will be cheaper for us. How we are ever going to make it up to her I don't know? What a wonderful blessing that our kids gets to stay in the same school, we are still going to be close to family and friends, and we will finally have a home with a yard (with grass). Not the rocks and sand (Oh, the horrible sand will be gone!!!) we have now. So we should be moving in a month. Let's see how that is going to happen with school! Poor Randy. I am slowly getting more and more excited about it. It was so unbelievable that I was having a hard time getting into the spirit of moving. And guess what all this talk about moving means......Huh? Oh, you guessed I won't be primary president! Ta Da!!! Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but these last few months going to school and keeping up with that calling was very stressful. I love being in primary and I love all those kids. I just want something easier and still in primary in our next ward. I hope, hope, hope to be in primary. Anyone that has any other calling doesn't know what they are missing out on. It really is the best!


And just so you don't think I am totally selfish, I will take a bunch of pictures of my kids soon and post them :) (And if your lucky I can talk Randy into letting me take one)

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Woww!! You're still a hottie! I am glad you posted pics of yourself. I am the only person I am allowed to post pictures of and I don't do it. Maybe I will take courage...

Heather said...

Thanks for the super nice comment. I would love to see pictures of you. The few pictures I do get to see of you I love.

Heather said...

Thanks for the super nice comment. I would love to see pictures of you. The few pictures I do get to see of you I love.