Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sand Hallow & Running in the Heat

Grandma & Grandpa Morrill got a boat. We are super excited for this because when they come down to visit now they want to go out on the boat alot. This is awesome because it is now going to be around 110 degrees for a while and we will do anything with water. We have a few lakes around here and Sand Hallow is one of them. Last weekend Randy & I camped there Friday night and then had a huge ward activity with boating, grilling, and playing in the water all day Saturday.
Courtney with Mom
Courtney loved driving "Faster, faster...grandpa!" Courtney is our thrill seeker. She thinks it is fun to ride the horses while they trot, ride on the tube behind the boat super fast and bumpy, driving the 4-wheeler all crazy...you name it and she will love to go fast.
Justin liked driving, but at a slower speed. Especially since Grandpa let him do it all by himself. Justin thinks about the mechanics of how everything works. If it is a truck, trailer, 4-wheeler, or if it has a hitch he is asking questions and watches everything.
After our fun day at the lake on Saturday we came home to find out some friends in our ward's house had caught on fire. We felt really bad for them, they lost everything. Our Relief Society set up a bake sale on Monday to raise some money for them. I talked with Ashley about selling some Hair Clips she was making with Grandma Reeve to sell later. I asked her if she wanted to sell them at the bake sale and donate the money to the family instead of keeping the money. She agreed and we spent 4 hours there and sold all 24 of them. She sold them for $2 a piece. I was proud of her for making that choice and having the opportunity to serve someone else. We ended up raising over $2,000.00 at the sale. I was amazed at the compassion from the community to help this family.


Since I started school again I have been a lot better about running almost every morning now. I get to run with different people most of the time. Everyone can go different days, but mostly I run with my friend Kaye Ellen in the picture above. She was really excited to do a race and talked me into doing the Hurricane trail river run yesterday (Saturday). I wasn't too excited about it. We don't run on trails just pavement and we have only really been running consistent for 5 weeks. But I did it as you can see in the picture. I had a lot of fun. It was 4 miles down a hill to confluence park by a river then up again. It was the "up again" that killed me. At 2.5 miles to 3.5 miles it was straight up. Everyone was walking it. But of course it was a race so you walked it fast :) I didn't catch my breath the whole time and even two hours later I was still wheezing. But I finished it around the same time I finished a 5K easy run one year ago when I started running. 47 min & 9th place in my age group. Now I want to do another race. They are sure addicting.
My Garden came out of its pitiful state after the hail storm and is now growing huge and producing veggies for us. Yah! I didn't think it would so I am happy to now be eating tomatoes, squash, and zucchini.
I am still getting an A in my math class and have almost finished my online library class. One final exam to go. I have even had a few offers of people who want to pay me to tutor them in math. That is a nice compliment, but I just don't have extra time to do that. As it is my days go from homework in the morning, running any errands, trying to think of something Randy might be able to cook for dinner (this is harder than I thought-I have failed in the teach your husband to cook area), get a babysitter lined up, swimming with the kids, going to school, then more homework at night, then go to bed early so I can get up at 6 to run. Life is fun when you are busy, but I sure wish I could have my lazy life back for a couple days.
Randy finally set the pool up last week while I was at school. The kids are so excited about it and we have been in it every day. Sunscreen smells and wet towels on my floor. This is what summer is about.
Randy's Aunts & Uncles with kids are down visiting for the holiday. We are planning a parade in the morning in Hurricane, hike in Kannaraville, party for Great Grandma Ruth's 80th Birthday. It is going to be a very busy day tomorrow. I am glad I get the day off school. And I should have some more pictures to add soon.

No comments: