Monday, January 25, 2010

Ashley's 8th Birthday

Ashley turned 8 last week. This has been an exciting birthday. Ashley has been just as excited for her birthday as she is to get baptized. Randy has been telling her to plan her whole baptism from who she is inviting to planning the songs and who is speaking at her baptism. I hate to admit that he has good ideas when it comes to raising our kids, but he does. I would have just planned the whole thing myself. It has been hard to let Ashley do the whole thing.
Opening a present from Aunt Tina's family. Thank you!
I think this is Ashley's favorite present. A butterfly holder. We will send in to get the caterpillars mailed to us in about a month and then watch them cocoon and grow to butterflies. We are waiting a month so it will be warm down here when we let them go. Ashley loves catching bugs and taking care of them so she loved this one.

After school we went with Grandma Kay and our friends to watch Ashley get her ears pierced. This is what she wanted to do for her birthday and was talking about it for days and counting down. We thought she would cry. They did one ear and then the other and she didn't even peep.

Ooops, I forgot to turn this one. Close up of the earrings.
Even closer!

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

I can't believe our kids are getting old enough to be baptized! We might be coming down that way in April, for some hiking......

P Haggard said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Guess what? MaryLynn picked out those very same earrings. Didn't you just love Grandma being there with you? MaryLynn did.