The ladies in our church started a walking group. Every week they try to pick a different area to walk for about an hour. Last week they decided to do the Kannaraville slot canyon hike. This was 2 miles in & 2 miles back out. This was a great hike and I will be doing it again pretty soon. Most of the hike is in the water. My feet were pretty cold at first, but got used to the water. I really wanted to find some water/hiking shoes before the hike, but didn't. I wore my running shoes and just let them get wet. It worked out good. Although I missed running the next morning because my running shoes were dirty & wet. A couple took us on this hike and the husband is very knowledgeable about plants. What you can eat for whatever purposes. So throughout the hike we also tried a few different plants to see what they tasted like. It was interesting. This hike also changes scenery very often. We started out in the dessert, then to a forest, then to the slot canyon (which was sooooo beautiful!)
Coming out of the slot canyon
Walking in the water into the canyon
Here is the waterfall at the end of our hike. If you have more time you can climb up that log ladder on the right and head up to another waterfall. Next time I am going to do that.
Chantelle
Looking up.
2 comments:
You mean you didn't climb the scary tree ladder...that's the best part. I love that hike, it is awesome!
Looks like you guys had a great time.
I wish I could go on it with you. Maybe Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment