Yesterday we decided to go with Janna, Tricia, Grandma, and all the kids to Zion. I asked my friend Cherie to go also. We hiked up to the Emerald Pools hike. We zoomed right by the lower pools and started going to the middle pools. Once we got to the middle pools the kids all took off their shoes and started splashing around and made it up to the pond in the back. Then the clothes started coming off. Everyone wanted to go to the upper pools. It was hot, it was a lot of climbing over those rocks, but we all made it. It was worth it to jump back into the water again and the sand was awesome to play in. We had some snacks although it was past lunch time by now. (No one brought a lunch) I didn't think it would take us that long. But I guess with 11 kids and 5 women it does. With a lot less water and tired kids we started back down. Courtney was a trooper and loved hopping over the rocks. I lost Ashley & Justin plenty of times on the hike. I knew they would be with other cousins or Aunts or friends and we all made it back to the bottom safely.
We got home after 3pm, ate some sandwiches and watermelon, took a much needed bath. Then I was seriously thinking of laying down on the couch for a nap when Cherie knocked on my door. Off to dinner in St. George at Durango's. (I love their salads) Then we went back to Cherie's house to watch a movie and let our kids play longer. We finally got home at 9 and went to bed. I even made it to sleep by 10:30, I was so exhausted. It was a GREAT day! Enjoy the pictures.
Some of the kids
Middle Pool
Trying to catch tadpoles
Most of the clothes stayed on, just Janna's kids were brave enough to start stripping.
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment