Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Horse Riding

We went out to Cane Beds on the 4th and let the girls ride. Daddy also did some farm work, but it was more fun to ride horses. Justin didn't want to ride at all. If only we had brought the 4-wheeler. Sigh. He did get to sit on my lap and drive the big gray truck while pulling the trailer. I just controlled the gas & brake for him. Not quite tall enough. Ashley is riding her new horse named Casey (Courtney still occassionally calls her Scooby) and Courtney is riding Inez. Inez is out running free at Cane Beds. As soon as we drove up and Randy was herding in the cows she came running. She ran right up to me and I thought she wasn't going to stop. She did and stayed for a much wanted rub down. She's lonely, poor thing. Randy threw Courtney up on Inez without a saddle and she didn't want to get off until it was time to go home. She knows how to ride bareback. Just grab the hair and use it for reigns or hold on for dear life, one of those two.
We also all had matching 4th of July shirts. I had a pink one to match the girls and the boys had blue ones. Randy wasn't wearing his because "he didn't want to get it dirty". That or he just thought it was gay to all wearing matching shirts.

I don't know if you can see that Ashley is missing her two front teeth. They both fell out last week one day after another. Now she has been singing the song....All I want for Christmas...

1 comment:

The Cookies said...

Sound like you had an awesome fourth. Miss you guys.