Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pool Pictures

We got a pool this summer and it is HUGE. The kids and I love it. So far we have used it alot and the summer is just starting.

Courtney had a tramatic experience with an ant crawling on her foot about a month ago. Yep, just crawling, no biting. She said it pooped on there, but I couldn't see anything! But it must have been so tramatic for her she has been terrified of any bug since. Even a fly. I try to explain to her that Heavenly Father made all the bugs and they are all really nice. They just don't want us to bother them. Then the other day I walked outside and came back in with her screaming because a fly was in the house. Oh, this is annoying! Anyway, the reason I am telling about her bug fears is she is also terrified to go in the pool. We have some wasps that come for a drink and she doesn't like them. So usually she just sits on the ladder and gets on and off a million times and occassionally will put her feet in.
Until Yesterday....
She got in last night. It was still hot around 7pm so we got in. After about 45 minutes Courtney was all the way in the pool and holding on to the ladder. She did so good. In the picture she is kicking her legs back. She can't touch the bottom and I wasn't too worried because I was right there watching. After she got some goggles on and I was on the phone with Aunt Tina she stood up to show me the goggles and slipped right in. Whoops! She bounced on the bottom and came right back up and grabbed the ladder. (I was thinking, "Oh no, another tramatic experience she won't get back in again!" But she got right back in after a little crying. Good Girl)

Ashley almost never takes off the goggles. She loves to swim and is always diving and swimming with them. Justin was giving her a piggy back ride. They also love to pick me up and walk around with me. Wow, they are so strong in the water! That or I have lost a lot more weight than I thought. Small Wishes!

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

That looks like so much fun Heather. Can we come swim?!

P Haggard said...

Oh, I can't wait to join you guys in your pool when we get there! Save us some room!
Tricia