We went hiking yesterday. It was near Santa Clara which is by St. George. There had been an article in the paper about these petroglyphs. We wanted to find them. We started out by going to the BLM office to find directions. Vague, but a little more educated we took off. It was just the kids, Grandma Kay and I. Randy was working. We started on the trail which said 3 1/2 miles. I was really hoping it wasn't 3 1/2 miles. The kids started whining soon after we started. Too hot, need a drink, stop to sit on rocks to rest. We got off the trail and started hiking towards some rock things we saw. It wasn't the petroglyphs but it was near a road. In the paper it mentioned cars used to drive here. So we followed the road, and I was ready to quit with all the whining. Grandma went ahead another 20 yards and said, "Found them."
Lesson to be learned: You need to go the extra 20 yards....or something like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment