Saturday, March 21, 2009

Camping Fun

We went to Cane Beds to go camping last night. It was pretty fun. Either I am changing my attitude about things, my kids are growing up, or we are doing different things. I think it is more that the kids are growing up and less stress and work for me.
Things I am glad I am not doing anymore: nursing in a tent 4 times in the night, getting up to pee at night because I am pregnant and can't hold it all night, dealing with screaming kids because of ear infections, holding a toddler all day because they can't walk yet.
I thought maybe Courtney would wake up last night and need to go potty. Lately, she has been waking up every night to go. I was dreading that and it didn't happen. I was also dreading listening to a alot of snoring, but that didn't happen either. I was also dreading freezing my hiney off since it is March, but that didn't happen either. It was really nice weather, plus I was prepared with a dozen blankets.
I also hate going to the bathroom at night. First, it is freezing and you have to get semi-undressed-way uncomfortable. Second, who knows what creepy crawly things are out there that you didn't shine your flashlight on. Third, besides the creepy crawlies-what about all the coyotes we heard howling before we went to bed? Something about the dark that still scares me even as an adult.

The Highlights: Easy dinner prepared before we went (Chicken stroganoff & noodles, pears & cottage cheese). Sitting by the campfire till 10 or 11, not sure about the time. Waking up in the morning to eat pancakes, bacon, & eggs -forgot the syrup ;(. Riding around on the 4-wheeler for a few hours. Hiking a little to find some pottery pieces. Watching Randy and his friend Jake build more of our Shade Thingy. Overall, it was fun and I want to go again.


No comments: