

These first two pictures I found on the internet. I was trying to make sure that what we had was really a praying mantis cocoon. It looks really close.

This is what Grandma Reeve found and is letting Ashley borrow it for Show & Tell today. While I was looking it up it said they cocoon during the winter and come out during the spring when it is warmer. There are between 100 to 400 tiny baby praying mantis inside. I can't tell if these hatched already.

Interesting and would be really fun to find for show & tell. Also, these are really great for your gardens so if you find one, keep it until they hatch and let them go in your garden. It also said don't bring them inside unless you live in a warmer climate because they will hatch early and starve without any food. Fun things to know.
1 comment:
What a cool show & tell!
I tagged ya.
Post a Comment