I am sad Halloween is over. The kids have been bringing home witches, ghosts, cats, skeletons, pumpkins and many more holiday fun for the last month. I also need to start the slow operation of making their candy disappear so they don't eat too much.

Yes, I dressed up as a Farmer! I found the overalls yesterday and just decided it would be fun to dress up. I am usually not the one with the Halloween spirit. So because Randy did not dress up he got to take all the pictures. Don't I look happy about that?
In the morning we enjoyed Ashley's parade around the entire school with all the rest of the kids in her school. They went around to every room and occasionally outside. Then because Justin is in afternoon Kindergarten, I got to wait and watch again in the afternoon. Fun.

After dinner, we took a trip in the car to Ashley's Primary teacher and Great Grandma's house. Both too far to walk to. Then around the block. You don't think our neighborhood is that big until you are walking to every house, just on one side of the street, and it still takes 1 1/2 hours. Justin said he had so much fun trick or treating, but he could have done without all the walking. In the picture above, is a good one of Courtney's Pink Unicorn. Of course, don't mention the unicorn part, It is just a Pink Horse!!

Justin was Spider man, the dark one! He picked this one out not because of a love for spider man, but because of the fake muscles. He also claimed he could lift heavier things now because he is stronger in costume!

Ashley dressed as Hannah Montana. She wants to be a Rock Star like Hannah Montana when she grows up. But when her dad asks what she wants to be she says a Rock Star Cowgirl, to try and make everyone happy!
In case you all were wondering how my no sugar thing is going. I passed the Halloween test and did not eat one piece of candy. Yeah! I was a little worried. I have also cut out more sugar. No more sugar cereal, less white bread and yogurt. I read somewhere you will notice in your first two weeks how your body deals with the no sugar and it shows how addicted you are to it. About 10 years ago I had a Doctor tell me I had hypoglycemia. The way I dealt with it was to eat a candy bar or soda if I felt weak and tired. Horrible, but it was a very quick fix. So now with my two weeks over I have noticed the same symptoms as with the hypoglycemia. Very tired, jittery, weak, feeling like I have to eat more. I am thinking my body is very addicted to sugar. I know it is just the beginning, but the way I am feeling now I want to make this change more permanent, not just for 100 days. Another benefit, I have lost about 4 pounds since I cut out the sugar. Whoop! Whoop! Want to know what helps with the sweet cravings? Lots and lots of sugar free Jell-O.
4 comments:
Cute costumes! Good job on the no sugar! I am very addicted!
It totally sucks for Andrew when I'm addicted to sugar and he's on the South Beach Diet...Good for you, though. I got to dress as a Chicago Bear, seriously, I had nothing else that would fit me besides my husband's jerseys. For some reasons, my girls expand my belly faster than my boy did...
Woe, hypoglycemia? That sucks! I do have another trick with cravings. Take a spoonful of peanut butter. It actually works!
Oh, and the kids look adorable!
Post a Comment