All right People, This is it. I have finally gained the knowledge that will save us money. Yep, I love you all so I am passing it along. I went to a class last night to learn how to save money with coupons at the store. It was so very informative and I have always wanted to try this, but did not know how they did it. The way that was explained to me makes this so easy, everyone can do it.
First, it is FREE. They are not making any money by giving you all the know how. The only money you pay is for getting subscriptions for sunday papers to get the coupons. Go out and get some Sunday newspapers. They suggest one per week/family member. If you can't get this for about $1/week/paper then I'll give you a number for a lady who can help you get a subscription for that price. I am paying .88/paper and I got 5 papers for our family.
Then this is for UTAH people only. Go to www.grocerysmarts.com Enter g84cjg, then Submit. Then after the screen comes up, save as your favorites so you don't have to remember that #. This passport # if for the lady in the St. George area and it gives you her phone # at the top of the page. She doesn't get money for this, her number is there to teach people. The only way she gets money, I asked, is by selling newspaper subscriptions and she doesn't get that much. She just loves doing this, she wants to be a teacher.
Sorry, non-Utah people. I asked and because each area/state has different sales this won't work for you. She said there were other websites that do this in every area. Some of them you have to pay a price to get this same information. I will try and figure out what that is if anyone is interested.
All right after this you just choose the store you want to shop at, Macey's, Lins, Albertson, smiths.... Then another screen comes up. This is what tells you all the sales going on this week. On the left is a * system. You want the items with a 4 or 5 *, they are the best. Then it tells you the name of the product, the sale price, where you find a coupon, then the price you should pay. I think you have to get used to this page before it all makes sense to you. You have to start saving about 3 weeks of coupons before you get to use them for sale items. You can however start saving right away by using printable coupons and this page shows you where they are. On this same website you can make your grocery list by clicking the start, un highlighting your items then click shrink, then print. These three buttons are on the top right of the website. Play around with it or email me to explain better.
So you kind of have to do a filing system to make this super easy to find coupons. Every week she pulls out all the ads, doesn't look at them and puts them in a clear pages and files with the date. Then when she makes her grocery list and it says to go to 10/15 RP-Then she will got to Red Plum coupons on Oct 15th and cuts the coupon or the 5 coupons for the same product. Yes, you can get some for free, some for really cheap. She only buys the 4 or 5 * items to get the best deals.
There you go. I am tired of typing so if you have questions or want more info on this just email me and I will help you out. heather_reeve@yahoo.com
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment