Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FUR

So I am an official Southern Utahn now. About a month ago, Randy started noticing how often we use the word "FUR" instead of FOR. Oh, he loves to point it out and I don't even notice that I am saying it. There are some other words Southern Utahn's use but this is the one we notice the most.

"What do you want to be fur Halloween"

"Thank you fur passing the pasta"

It is horrible now while we are praying. Thank you fur....thank you fur... One night I was hysterically laughing while trying to say my prayers because I was noticing all the "fur's". I am going to hell for that one!

I personally think it is just a lazy way to speak and that doesn't say much for me since I picked up the bad habit. Now I notice it more when everyone around me speaks.

Oh, thank you Randy for pointing that out to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hillbilly.

Todd and Haylee said...

That is hilarious! I notice a lot of that too, especially words slurred together. We've picked up some bad habits as well. It has become a family joke.

Laurel said...

It gets pretty bad when you ask your kid to do something and they say, "Mom, I was GO-NU!"