I know it is bragging, but I am so proud of her. Ashley had her first spelling test last week and came home with the 100% on it. We were all so happy for her. I know who can't spell "a" but still it is a first for us. At our parent/teacher conference her teacher said they like students to be at a level 3 for reading in 1st grade when they come in. Ashley was at a level 8. It seems like all the sudden she is reading everything. It is fun to pick books out at the library and challenge her to read it. I also think it is fun to sit down after school and work on homework. I know that will change when it gets harder and a lot more of it, but for now we will enjoy these aspects of school. She tried having school lunch and loves it. So for now she eats mostly at school unless she wants home lunch that day. I am not going to complain, one less thing to do in the morning and 5 more minutes of sleep.
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
2 comments:
Yea Ashley! Her handwriting is really good too.
It's not bragging! It's being a mom. It is so nice when you kids do well in school! Congrats Ashley! Keep up the good work!
Tricia
Post a Comment