
Last year I put a post up of canning peaches because I think they are so pretty after you can them. There is also this feeling like such a great accomplishment when you can your own food. Then some girl, I won't name names, but she is very closely related to me and it isn't my mom. Anyway, she said "Pretty peaches??, I don't get it! Why do you think that is so pretty?" Hmmmph. Well, she just doesn't like doing any home making anything. She doesn't know what she is missing out on. I have tried for years to get her to make breads, can things and she just isn't interested. Okay if anyone hasn't got this yet, it is my sister. ;) I still love her. I did these peaches yesterday afternoon. Ashley was the biggest helper. After I boiled them and put in the cool water, she peeled more than half of them for me. It was great to have a helper.
2 comments:
They are pretty! The only way they could be prettier is if they were in MY pantry! :) I need to get a peach tree. YUM!
The peaches look wonderful! Looks like you did a great job canning them and there isn't anything any better than peach pie in the winter when you can't get decent fruit. I've been cooking some to juice for jelly, but mine aren't that nice. Good for you!
Love to all.
Joanna
Post a Comment