Saturday, July 5, 2008

Camping-Hiking

Camping in the desert on the hottest day of the year so far. Hmmm....whose idea was this? Everyone but the kids and I went hiking starting at 8am looking for Indian artifacts. They hiked about 2 1/2 miles around cane beds. It was really only about 85-90 degrees. Just felt really hot. We met them at the base of this hike to see some Indian pectrogliphs (not sure if that is what they are really called or spelled). We drove the truck, not as much hiking for us. Of course, I thought I got the truck stuck in the sand on the dirt rode up the the hike. So I parked it and we hiked up the 1/4 mile to meet the others. Justin obeservation,"Don't worry, Daddy is great at driving the gray truck! He will get it out!" What he means is, much better than Mom. Randy did get it out. Yeah, Daddy! The sand was really thick, so hiking in it was hard. Carrying Courtney on his shoulders just make Randy sink in it deeper. What a trooper!
We found them.
This picture is for my mom. She wanted a picture of this guy.
Daddy, Grandma, and Justin checking them out.
Who know what this is supposed to be? A guy with really, really, long hair?

1 comment:

Todd and Haylee said...

That looks fun! Way too hot though!