Did you all see the Suze Orman's book "Women & Money" free book to download? She was on Oprah today. You can still do it until 7 pm eastern time tomorrow. I downloaded it and am reading it now. It took about 2 minutes to download. If anyone really wants it and missed the download time, email me and I will send it to you. It is interesting, hopefully I learn something from it. I am on page 46 and so far it is alot of leading up to something.....
Updates on my life:
Tomorrow is the last day for swim lessons. I will be able to sleep in again.....8AM is just too early to get out of bed. The kids have had fun, but I think they want to sleep in again also.
We started a playgroup, getting together every thursday at public places so we don't have to all meet at each others homes. It is nice to have something to do each week, fun for the kids. Of course, it is getting too stinking hot to hang around outside at noon. I think we will need to change the time, but I am not the only one who loves getting their beauty sleep. So far every mother in the group sleeps in until at least 9AM. I think that is a little strange. I thought I was the only lazy mom. I think we will be planning a trip to Zion and a new water park near St. George. Those should both be fun days.
My garden is doing great. I got two red tomatoes today, not on the cherry bush. AWESOME! (I have already had some cherry tomatoes and Courtney usually eats them before we get home.) I also picked my first green pepper and will probably pick a few jalepenos soon. I am getting too many zucchini and yellow crook neck. What to do? I thought it would be longer than this before I got tired of eating squash. I just can't do it every day. Randy's mom and grandma only want one every once in a while. "Come on ladies, veggies are good for you!" I think the first thing I will be canning will be salsa. I just did some apricot jam this week. I have restricted myself from making bread because I will eat a whole loaf myself. I know, I have no self control. With my tomatoes today, I might just have to make some bread tomorrow so I can have a tomato sandwich. The Best.
I will take some more photos of the garden and post soon. I called them summer squash last time and was educated that they are in fact winter squash, but they are huge, like 2 feet already. I also have 5 pumpkins growing from my one plant and am very excited for them to get huge.
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
3 comments:
How do you get to sleep in until 9am? I am lucky to sleep past 7am!
Janna
Did you like the book? If it is worth reading, I wouldn't mind getting a copy from you. Sounds like your garden is doing great! Good for you!
Janna,
I don't actually sleep in until 9, just 8:30 or so. My kids will usually sleep that late because bedtime is 9-9:30 for us. I know that will change when Ashley has all day school. I just keep thinking enjoy it while I can.
Haylee,
I am sending you an email with the copy of the book. I like it so far. Thanks for your comments.
Heather
Post a Comment