Monday, June 30, 2008

Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs!

Ashley LOVES to collect bugs. Here she is with her "boy" grasshopper. She just decided he had to be a boy. He just didn't want to jump off her hand so she held him for about 5 minutes. Ashley has her own bug catcher net and container, she prefers my canning jars with holes in the lids. There isn't really any bug that Ashley wouldn't like to catch. Our biggest problem is the desire to keep them and raise them and have bugs all over the house..... My solution is we can keep them for one or two days and let them go. She keeps them in a jar and sleeps with them by her pillow at night.

I was going to take a picture of Courtney and Ashley stuck her hand in the picture. I loved the shocked look of "Why is that bug in my face?".
She was ok with it.
You will also notice that most of my pictures of the girls they do not have their hair done. I comb it at least so they don't have the bed heads. Both of them whine and cry and pull out hair ponytails when I put them in. Fine, they will one day care about hair and styling, but for now I let them off the hook. Sundays we will usually get a curl or ponytail in there. I always had dreams of sitting down with my girls and combing their hair and doing some new cool styles.....awww, what could have been or at least will be in the future.

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

I am not a fan of bugs, so I haven't let my boys know that they are "keepable." :) It has worked so far.

Laurel said...

I can't even get a comb through the hair at my house. They run away screaming and cry to make the house fall down when I catch them.