Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lesson Learned

This is what our new trampoline now looks like. We had 60 mph winds last night. Earlier Randy did mention that our trampoline might fly up and hit the house. He wasn't worried enough to do anything about it. We should have. About 9:30 last night a huge crash. We check it out and yep our trampoline is on the house. We had to flip it off the house, started taking off all the legs, then Randy got all the bolts off the safety net and we flipped it over. See all the nice heavy things we could find to put on top. No more flying trampolines in our yard last night.
Our nice new safety net bars made a hole in the house and also a hole in the roof. We didn't know about that until the satellite repair guys came out to fix our TV/Internet. Our lesson learned: If you live in a windy area, you need to ground your trampoline somehow! We were very lucky the hole in the house wasn't 3 ft to the left. It would have crashed into the girls room and possibly gotten glass on them. I hope we can fix it, the kids really liked the trampoline!

6 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

That darn wind! It really does need to stop blowing, I am afraid the seeds out of my garden are all blown away. I bet your kids were sad. That is to bad it damaged your house also. Thanks for the lesson for when we finally get a tramp.

Laurel said...

Isn't that awful? Same thing happened to us in Enoch, except our trampoline hit our neighbor's house and then fell on his police car!

Hollie said...

Wow Heather! Who knew it was so windy there. That is scary about the hole!!!

Hey, have you ever heard of Loa, UT? Ryan has a phone interview with them today. There is a horse therapy ranch there.

Heather said...

Laurel, I hope that is funny to you now that it is over, I admit I was laughing at your comment.

Hollie,
No idea where Loa, UT is. Why would Ryan talk to a horse therapy ranch? Does this mean you might move this direction, maybe????

Hollie said...

I guess it's a pace for teens to go and have therapy....they use horses in the therapy process. It's actually a really big company and have therapy places all over the country. Right now they have two openings, one in Escalante, and the other in Loa about 30 miles south of Richfield. It's totally in the middle of nowhere!!! Richfield is the closest "Big" city and it has 7,000 people. I think he has a second phone interview with them today or Monday. Weird, huh?

Hollie said...

We would still be 3 and 1/2 half hours east of you, past Bryce Canyon.