Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Recipe Books

We made this for YW last night. It was one of my Personal Progress nights. In Individual Worth & Knowledge goals there are cooking ones. Like gaining this cooking talent, anyway you know what I mean hopefully. I also geared this more toward eating healthier and how to make other recipes healthier. Cooking with whole wheat, grains, brown rice those sorts of things. So we wanted the girls to start these cookbooks and start having cooking classes and giving out good recipes for the girls to have when they are older. I thought these turned out so cute and the girls and leaders loved them. I didn't make the cover sheet or these recipe index cards so don't ask me to send you the file to make your own. But I think the idea of using these 3X5 photo sheet protectors is a great way to organize your recipes. The top right corner we put the index (Breakfast, soup salad, main dish, cookies) Then you can put all your recipes on 3X5 cards or print out 3X5 cute like these below.
I had a really hard time finding the 3X5 photo protectors. So if any of you are interested in organizing your own recipe books and want to order some here is the link to order them.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Such an awesome idea! To tell the truth, I don't remember my mother cooking at all. She probably did, I just don't remember. When I married, I didn't know how to fry an egg or make gravy or boil pasta, oh, yes, mac & cheese, well I guess I knew that. I so wished someone would have taught me to cook and provide a nutritios meal for my family. If you want any of my cooking class handouts, let me know. I'll send the beans one anyway. They'll be interested in THAT! hahaha. If they ever let me out of primary, I'm stealing your idea.