Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have a teenager already!

So the other day Ashley was getting ready for school and did not want to wear her bigger warmer coat. She wanted to just wear a jacket. It was a little chillier that day so I was insisting on the warmer coat. (Lately, she wants to fight me on everything) She started throwing her fit and said she was wearing the jacket and that was final. I said wear the bigger one or you are staying home from school (I know that wouldn't work with a teenager, I am going to have to change my tactic when she doesn't like school any longer). She starts crying madly (you have to see it to know what I am talking about). Then she says, "I am wearing the big one now, but for the rest of the day I am not going to do anything you tell me to do!" Stomp. Stomp of the feet.

I worry what am I going to have to deal with when she really is a teenager. She has a bad temper, but no one would know that because most the time she is a little angel, mostly in other company, but later her little devil side shows (when she doesn't get what she wants). Sometimes she lashes out badly and intends to hurt the other offender. Some of the time if I am there I try to catch her before she gets that angry.

Anyone feel bad for me? I know I don't deserve sympathies I am not the only one with children like this and I know it. Actually I also know that most of the time my kids are great and I Love them tons. We gets compliments all the time about how great our kids are. There, I feel better about the bad comments above.

No comments: