Thursday, October 25, 2007

Courtney Kay


Another Update:


Yes, I know we are doing a lot of blogging about Courtney! As far as her ears, we took her to the ear, nose, throat guy today and for sure she is getting tubes. Nov. 6th is the date. He said her tonsils looked fine and that they probably got bigger while she was feeling sick. So hopefully that surgery will go pretty well. He said it was only a 10-15 minute procedure. I really am hoping that this will have an effect on her speech. He said it would help her speech big time, but she will also be happier without all the pressure in her ears. She is pretty happy as it is, so maybe she will be more compliant with my demands. One can only hope :) Her potty training is a lot different than Ashley's or Justin's. The first few days were pretty good. Got the underwear. Sitting on the potty pretty often. Then she didn't want to sit on it anymore. Plus I was always stressed out big time that she was going to pee on the carpet. So I bought the pull ups. I always said I wasn't going to buy those because they are just like diapers, but it was that or quit all together. Now she is doing great. I think it is her stubbornness that was the problem. She did not want me to keep asking her if she needed to go potty! It had to be her idea. So after the pull ups and I just thought, "if she goes o well." She has a great bladder, which was another problem. She can hold it for 2-4 hours. I was trying to get her to sit every hour. Now, if it has been a while and she is dry I just ask her if she wants to go potty. Then come her demands. SUCKER! Oh yeah, that was a great idea. I thought a treat would be good and now she has to have a sucker every time she pees. (If you notice in the picture, she just peed and yep there is the sucker) Anyway, after her demands are met then she sits and pees right away instead of waiting. Good progress. At least we are going forward, not backward.

No comments: