Friday, April 2, 2010

Ashley's Birthday Present

If you remember from Ashley's birthday presents she got a butterfly cage with a card to mail in for the caterpillars. We sent that in about a month ago and got the tiny caterpillars in the mail. They grew really fast. After about a week they were huge and crawled to the top and made cocoons. They were only in the cocoons for about a week. Then on Monday I walked by the cage and looked at one and realized it was coming out. Grabbed the camera and took these pictures because Ashley was at school. I was going to film one, but for the rest of the day 3 more came out while I was out of the house. It was awesome being able to watch them crawl out and see their wings slowly open and dry. Butterflies live for 2-4 weeks so we will probably keep them another week and then let them go.



No comments: