I have sworn for about a year now that we were done with pets. No more rats, no fish, no more dogs for sure. But Randy has wanted a dog. A heeler. In my opinion one of the more ugly dogs. There was a puppy he found and REALLY wanted it. It was the calmest and friendliest of the litter. There was a phone call home while he was holding the dog. Nope! Never! No dogs! Definitely not the ugly ones! Sorry if you have a heeler and love that breed. So around Christmas some neighbors had some Min pin puppies. The REAL little ones. Not like our dog BO now who is a min pin, but 3 times the size I wanted him to be. The really cute ones. So Randy being the cute husband he is says, "we need to walk over and see the puppies." I say sure, the kids would love it. We go and we pet and hold and ooh and ahh and then go home. On the way I say sure the dogs are cute, but I am sticking to the no pets rule. Well 6 weeks go by, the neighbors want to GIVE us a puppy. Long story, but Randy was helping out with their furnace and they think we need to take one. I am still sticking to my no pets rule. Then Randy says, we should just walk down and visit them before they give them away. On a side note: if you know Randy then you have figured out that he wants me to say I want the dog so he can say NO! NOPE! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS! Although he is also toying with the kids emotions saying, "Don't you think we should get one of these dogs for mom?" So we go over and walk in the door and I see the pups and blurt out, "I want one!" What was I thinking? The neighbor tells us to take the girl puppy home for a little while and see if we like her. Hmmm...what is going to happen? So we now have a new min pin puppy named Daisy and everyone loves her including Randy. She is so small I put her in my jacket and take her everywhere.
I started delivering phone books for a month. It has its benefits, lots and lots of walking (which is good because I have gained 5 pounds since Christmas because I gave up running more than once a week and started eating whatever I wanted), also I make more money than when I babysit, and I get to hang out with my friend Cherie all day.
Ashley is going to get phase 1 braces. I am blaming her small mouth, but mostly the dentist that removed two permanent teeth 10 months ago. He said to just come back next cleaning and he will put in a spacer. Well, because I wasn't that happy with him I went to a new dentist for the cleaning. He made an appt. 2 months later for the spacer then suggested an orthodontist. After waiting for that appt. he suggested the braces because her back teeth have shifted too much forward and the spacer won't help as much as braces. $1800.00 is going to be the cost. Good thing I started that phone book delivery, huh? He also gently told me that if the dentist that removed the teeth put in the spacer soon after she wouldn't have as many problems and probably wouldn't need the braces at least at this age. This is also the same dentist that filled two cavities for me and two weeks later one fell out. I went in to have it fixed for him to tell me, "I didn't fill a cavity on that side of your mouth at all." Really, I must not have been there when I got both sides numb and then the drilling on both sides. So as generous as he is, he offers to fill the tooth for free, but he found another tooth that needed filling that he will need to charge me for. Oh, that is nice that you didn't see it two weeks ago when I was in for my check-up. The best dentist ever! I have the worst experiences with dentists. Dentists or Mechanics you can't trust either of them. Sorry if any of you are dentists or mechanics or know someone who is.....You really need to pick better friends.
I also went to a game of Bunco last night. I told my mom about it on the phone and I might as well have just told her I picked up drinking for the reaction I got. Actually it was really fun and I get to hang out with other women once a month. Of course while hearing the rules last night, there will be no gossip fests and no husband bashing. I almost left right then after the husband bashing rule...... I am potting training a new dog right now.
Hmmmm...tired of reading yet? Well, I will just sum the rest up with I turned 30 last month, have more grey hair than I did at 29, Justin started wrestling for a month then quit because he hated it, got a new garmin watch for my birthday that has motivated me to start running again, Courtney is more sassy everyday with just this morning telling me, "Oh all right, I will pick up my toy" with a roll of her eyes and a Humph in her voice, I am making plans to hike the rim to rim of the grand canyon, if i can just get Randy's mom to say for sure she will do it with me. We are also going to hike "the wave" in May and it was a major pain to get the permit to do that hike. I am also going back to school in the nursing area. Probably an RN we will see how that goes. Life is fun and I will get pictures up soon.
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
2 comments:
All I am going to say is, after reading this, does anyone wonder where Courtney gets her SASS!!!!!!!!! :O)
Sounds like you at doing lots of fun things and keeping busy! No wonder you haven't had time to blog. I am pretty behind myself, oh well. Good luck with school! I want to see a picture of your cute puppy. A dog that stays little sounds great! :)
Post a Comment