Sunday, May 10, 2009

My 5K Picture


Last weekend on the 2nd I ran in my first 5K race. My friend Cherie talked me into it and I was really happy she did. It was fun to run in a race. I also got that cool white running t-shirt. I didn't really train for it. Since I have been running/walking for the last two months I decided I could do it. I just didn't want to finish last. That was my biggest worry. I am smiling at the end of the race because I finished in 39 min 15 sec. I thought it would be more like 45-50 min. I know that is not the best time, but now I have a goal to beat for my next one.


One other funny story about the race. I had been using a tanning bed for a month before. The night before my race was my last day to tan so I went. I got in the wrong bed (the quick 10 min beds) and stayed in for 16 min. I burned and was very sore. Ouch, I won't do that again. Although, I got a lot of comments for a few days after that about how great my tan looked.

4 comments:

Jon Roberts said...

Way to go Heather you rock.

Todd and Haylee said...

Awesome job on the run! I need to do that. :)

Laurel said...

This reminds me how good it felt to run. I haven't run since cross country regionals in high school...10 years ago. That is sad. Good for you, though. Impressive time for not training--my first time, I'm sure I WAS last!

Marilyn said...

That's awesome Heather, good for you. Last Saturday Lexi and I ran a 5k with my mom, dad, and sister. Lexi did awesome even though she ran in her socks for at least 1/2 way.