Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's The Final Countdown!!!

5 Days to go.........until my Sugar Day. That is what the kids and I have been calling it. I am almost done with the 100 days no sugar. I've decided that I liked doing this and have felt so much healthier, also loosing 12 pounds was a good side effect. I am going to keep doing it. On my one day I am going to eat whatever I feel like. (I have saved some orange chocolates, candy cane kisses, Ben & Jerry's ice cream from the holidays.) I did cheat one day and ate a cookie I made. I felt awful doing that and so I want to do it for a full 100 days so I can say I can do it without cheating. I have already figured out that my new 100 date will be April 25th. I also started working out. After about 6 weeks I had lost 7 lbs without exercising. Then I started thinking how much more I could loose if I was working out. So about 3 weeks ago I started working out. That is going pretty good.

Some people I know, like my sister, mom, some leaders in Young Women, and other friends are going to do 100 days No Sugar. That is exciting to have people to do it with. Randy said he was going to do it and so far hasn't made it a full day without eating sugar. Poor guy doesn't even think about it and just eats it.

Some tips I found that were really helpful: No Sugar Jello (this is also a really good way to get calcium), no sugar gum, pickles...lots and lots of pickles. I eat pickles very slowly so this is a nice thing to munch on when I am craving something. Drink lots of water. If my gut is so full from water I can't even think about eating other things. I also got in a habit of taking vitamins. After working out is a great time to drink lots of water so I gulped it down with some fish oil, calcium, and multi-vitamins. Eat fruit if you are craving something sweet. Smoothies are great. Hope this inspires more people to go 100 days without sugar.

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Wow that is awesome! I can't believe that you went 100 days! I have the worst sweet tooth, I don't know if I could ever do it. I was exercising really diligently before the holidays, now I need to get back to it. I really love the health drink that we have been taking too. I do feel a ton better. Now if I can just get the sugar out of my system and not eat so much! New Years goal right?! :) Good for you!

The Perkins said...

You are so awesome!!! It has only been whay 15 days for me and it is HARD! Thanks for the tips I needed them :). Are you really already starting another 100 days??? How do you do it?