Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lake Powell

This is where we spent all day yesterday. It was perfect weather, the boat was awesome and we had a blast. We are thinking of making this an annual trip for us.
Ashley, Justin, Randy, and Courtney on the Tube. He is such a great father and was making this ride so fun for the kids. He stuck his foot in the water and soaked Courtney. She thought that was so funny. He also kept bouncing up and down and telling Courtney they were riding the horses. While bouncing and obviously not holding on to the tube too well they hit a wave and flip, Randy and Courtney go flying backwards off the tube. (Yep, my breath was held for a second) Randy was great and pushed Courtney up first. Whew! Ashley and Justin were screaming, "Yeah, we didn't get thrown off, just Daddy & Courtney!" Randy having a very fun ride on the tube. He was going so fast and flying left and right. We didn't knock him off.
After lunch we all jumped in and swam for a while. I wish Courtney wasn't sleeping and could have got in with us. We were playing tag and just having fun diving and jumping of the boat and tube. We went with The Brownings some friends from our ward. We only had a couple of problems with the kids and the bathroom. First Justin was afraid of the water and would not get in and take care of business. So we finally told him to just drop is drawers and go over the edge of the boat. This worked great until later, he just stands on the back of the boat and our friend Chantelle gets a great view of Justin's backside. I also had to hold Courtney over the side of the boat with her swimsuit off (you can't pee in your clothes) in the sitting position so she could pee.
Mom, Ashley and Chantelle having a very relaxing ride in the tube. We also had skis, & knee board, but I thought the tube was the best. Also, I would love to just swim in the water for hours. I have a video of Chantelle and I getting thrown off the tube, I will try to add it. It was great.

1 comment:

Jon Roberts said...

I would sure like a shot at knocking Randy off... It looks like you guys had a blast. Let us know if you guys do this again, it would be fun to join you.