Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ewwww Gooey!

We had another spectacular day at Story Time today. First they made bubble mixture and explained how all the fun ways you can make your own bubble blower. Lace, pipe cleaners, wire, straws. It was pretty neat how big the bubbles they were making.
Then we made Glorax (more commonly known as Slime)

If you always wanted these recipes to make your own, here you go...



Super Bubbles:

1 cup of distilled water

2 Tbs. of Dawn dish soap

1 Tbs. of Glycerin (find it at health food store)



Glorax:

1 Tbs. of Elmers Glue-All (Not School Glue)

1 Tbs. of water

Mix these two together and add coloring if you want, then add:

1 Tbs. of liquid laundry starch



Mix first with a spoon and then with your hands.



She said you could make bouncy balls by making this without any water.

3 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Fun storytimes! I should be better about taking my kids.

Kristi said...

Wow, I can't believe it's Heather from Modus Media. Do you remember me, from the Compaq Admin team? I just found your blog, it's really cool. Here's my family's blog: http://sandbergclan.blogspot.com.

Hollie said...

Woe, those are some crazy bubbles. I'll need to try that out sometime. You really pimped out your blog. It looks awesome! Can you believe it's Eric? that's cool he found us.