I started reading this book last week. I just wanted to say that I really, really like it. This diet for women totally makes sense and it is the diet I want for myself. It is not just another diet for 6 weeks then off again. This is how you should change your lifestyle and eating habits for good.He has 12 Power foods he calls them that you should eat 2 or more of per meal. You also should eat 6 times a day. 3 meals, 3 snacks. Let me tell you that I have tried to do this for two days now and it is actually hard to eat that many times for me. I am not hungry, but I still eat a few nuts or something. It is the fiber, protein that is keeping you fuller so you don't snack on crap food. You also get one day a week to eat whatever you want. That is something to look forward to. 12 hershey candy bars....mmmmm!
12 power Foods:
Almonds & other nuts
Beans & Legumes
Spinach & other green veggies
Dairy (low-fat or fat free milk, yogurt, cheese)
Instant Oatmeal
Eggs
Turkey & other lean meats
Olive Oil
Whole-grain breads & cereals
Extra-protein (Whey) powder
Raspberries & other berries
You should also be getting 1200 mg. of calcium per day & your weight in g. of protein per day.
Excercise 20min./day, 3 days a week. He says you should still walk or do aerobics occassionally, but focus on building your muscle up and your metabolism will increase and you will loose more fat this way. More belly fat to be specific. So the excercises are 10 repsX3 squats and 10 repsX3 push-ups and ab workouts to start out the first few weeks.
Okay, okay that is probably more information than you wanted, but I just wanted to share. Also, Tina gave me the book to read and then tell her what she should do. So here you go Tina!
1 comment:
That sounds like a good, easy to follow plan. Let me know if it works.
It is a new page element on blogger. If you go into to edit your layout, click on "add a new element" and then "Blog List." It's the very first one there. You will have to re-enter everyone in, but I think it's worth it. :)
Post a Comment