I am a snacker. I try to do healthy snacks and to accomplish this having them available helps. I usually have carrots, apples, wheat or low fat crackers, v8 juice is also really good if you like it. I also heard recently that eating up to 6 times a day will help you loose weight as long as it is small meals. So I was looking online for some ideas for healthy snacks and came across this one.
http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/RSS/index?pageID=1340&sub_page=1
A lot of those look really good and would give me more variety.
This website was also listed in the comments of the first one and goes along with what the first one is saying.
http://www.actabit.com/diet-nutrition/how-to-use-snacks-to-help-you-lose-weight
Did anyone else think they might want to try homemade hummus to dip with veggies after reading the first article? I did. I don't know if I have had it before so I looked up a recipe.
Homemade Hummus
Very easy, this is great to serve at a party or as a snack. Serve in a bowl surrounded by warmed pita bread or toasts and raw vegetables.
Serving: 10Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 55 minutesTotal Time: 75 minutes
1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 clove garlic chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Blend ingredients in a food processor or blender until fairly smooth. 2. Serve with warmed pita bread and raw vegetables.
Based on individual serving.-->
Calories: 60Total Fat: 1 gCarbohydrates: 10 gProtein: 2 g
There are other recipes on the web, this one was also helpful.
Pumpkin Muffins
13 years ago
1 comment:
Hey, I could totally snack on the dark chocolate:)
We love hummus. We make it a lot out here. Although, we use the tahini. It's a fancy way to say ground seame seeds. The recipe you have is a lot healthier w/o the tahini.
Post a Comment