Monday, October 15, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit

On Saturday we spent the day at Cane Beds. Shirl and Randy went hunting while my mom and the kids and I went looking for pottery. We decided to take a long walk over to a hill to look for more pottery. Well, the walk was getting quite long. I jogged back for the four wheeler and went to pick up the kids. While trying to get out of a ravine I got stuck. Not so much stuck as it just wouldn't go forward and I didn't know how to put it in reverse. So mom and I put it in neutral and pulled it out. Mom got to walk back while I drove all the kids back. That was fun!!!
Then we roasted some hot dogs for lunch. My mom above had the desserts, candy bars! Isn't cane beds pretty?
Then of course we did some shooting. This is Ashley's first time shooting a gun. I think she liked it. We had lots of fun. The only bad thing was while we were hiking a different hike to look at Indian writings Randy lost our phone sometime. We went back up to cane beds to look on Sunday and didn't find it. We saw some fresh tracks by the hike we took and figure someone probably found it and now has a new phone. Nice! So we get to go buy a new one.

No comments: